Monday, September 14, 2009




















Wow, already the 14th! Everything has gone really smoothly so far (granted I've crossed the line into granny-mode...going to bed at some ridiculous hour like 9.

Beth and Sass, my roommate (in the pink) with her awesome new chair!





Getting a lot of sleep and I've been going on tons of walks. It's just so soothing and I love discovering new roads.Well, inevitably I did get lost. See, there is this wooded path branching off of Centerville Rd...that I was determined to discover. I started out around 7 meaning to be back in 30 minutes...but as is typical I got entirely caught up in the beauty and romance of the whole place with it's little clearings and the smell of fall....and before I knew it, it was too dark to see the trail-markers....and that's when I discovered it was an entire network of paths. I actually got quite scared and probably made a few circles...started running...and praying...hard. And then I saw The Light....I felt like singing that one hymn :)

Finally back in civilization I decided it would be best to recruit someone before I went gallivanting in the woods. So I've stuck to the roads...the houses are charming and it's just as delightful. Just yesterday I found Seymour Rd. I reached the end and then followed this path. It lead to a dried up stream bed with tons of flat rocks...they looked so much like tablets I could just see Moses holding them (actually they were huge and I wondered how on earth he carried them all down :)

Friday was lovely...had a party in Jen and Heidi's room....we started Narnia and by the time we finished we had about eight girls. And discovered the movie Breakfast at Tiffanies. She's crazy...we had a lot of laughs.

Academically things are going well. I'm careful to schedule each week out according to the syllabus. (plural? sylibi?) Mondays and Friday's are the longest, but today Spanish was canceled and I was done with homework by 3. And even though Psychology's at 7:45am I find myself quite interested in it. We're on the States of Consciousness chapter (aka-sleep) One night I couldn't sleep and decided to try their Paradoxal intention approach. (Stop worrying about sleeping-How long can I stay awake) Didn't work. But I appreciate the knowledge.

The food here is ok....but I can always depend on their salad bar and bagels...oh and their peanut butter cookies. I've started really great friendships with some of the Lambein girls. Some of them I just re-name a name that I know Ill remember....I have Cleopatra Queen of the Nile. From Alaska..absolutely gorgeous, wears flowing dresses and looks like she stepped out of Lord of the Rings. And Jane Eyre...absolutely crazy over classic books...Pride and Prejudice etc :)




Luv ya'll!
Yours truly


butterfly girl

No comments: