Friday, September 25, 2009

Sass and me!

Well the Spanish service I went to last Sunday was absolutely delightful. I found myself learning a lot of words just from the songs...and the music was awesome. The sermon was great to...something about how we're the family of Christ and need to remember to pass that on to the younger generation.


Thank you all so much for the letters and packages! They totally make my day! (Not to mention highly increased enjoyment to everyone enjoying the cookies!)


Goodies!
Well, this week was definitely academically more challenging...especially reading-wise... but it was still do-able. Got my first Spanish test back... :) Next week I'll be studying tons 'cause more tests are coming up. There's aslo this fancy Homecoming Banquet and tango dance/fireworks on the quad next week.
Friday I got to go to the Chamber Music concert....loved it...I like how they plucked the cello. And then tonight I went to the Cuerteto Latinoamerican....lovely. It was so cool. They did this rhythm thing by tapping on the violins and cello and this kind of "zing" thing with the strings...and it would morph in and out of the music.



Oh, and I joined Gospel Choir...definitely one of the best things ever. The directors direct the entire thing to being all about God and having excellence for him...and it's super fun and upbeat etc....went to my first rehearsal last Sunday night...first performance: this Sunday! AAAAH!
Oh, meet my girl in El Salvador.....it with Compassion and the first time I've sponsored a kid. I was praying about it and felt Gods confirmation. So she has tons of middle names and one of them is Abigail...so meet Abby.
Yours truly,
butterfly girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corina, what adventures you are having. It all sounds so exciting, and I'm so glad that you're doing well! =) I can't wait to see you in one week! It's so exciting that you sponsor Abby, I can't wait to talk to you more about that. What a great thing to do! Love ya chica! Talk to you soon! Love Mackenzie