Thursday, August 13, 2009

Innocene: collectors edition!

Ok, so I know I'm a week behind, but the pics of all my latest adventures happen in be in my camera which happens to be in the car with mom, who happens to be at Fish Creek.

So I thought I'd suffice for now with a poem that has finally come to completion in my mind. I started it my junior year in high school...I couldn't get beyond that one line (the last in the following poem) or really return to the context from which my subconscious had seemingly thrust that line. So I found it...and it was because of my Babylon experiences years after that first line. It feels rather enlightening :) Ok, here it is:

Innocence: collectors edition!
It flies away
Through the bloody metal shards
Of scars
And then suddenly another glimpse
Dewy wings breaking out of a chrysalis
You want to hold them down with your fingers
So it wont fly away
Again
But that will only result in
Not living
The whispers of butterfly wings
Pinned in a collectors box

No comments: