Sunday, January 17, 2010

Twenty

Ah, twenty..what to do with you?

Well now I have every excuse to wear soaring heels and silk. We celebrated my birthday at home. It was sweet, a delicious super, and the next day presents. I got an amazing pair of redish-purply-bluey mittens that mom knit and have worn them practically every day since. Every girl needs a pair of mittens, not to mention a smashing necklace made by my beloved Kayt.

And then there is this strangely beloved contraption, of whose name I am unaware. But after a deep discussion of why my current alarm clock was precisely 3 hours and 15 minutes behind and much struggle to correct that state, by which I had lived happily for at least a year, this newfangled contraption does the trick and plays music. I shall name it...perhaps Alexandra. Can't you just see an opera singer named Alexandra? Alighting the stage in a huge billowy ball gown?

In fact on the actual date I found myself quite moved when cards began arriving...I had forgotten it was my birthday. I suppose the most "becoming twenty" moment was when a friend fixed me hot chocolate. "Oh, make it all beautiful with whipped cream and chili powder!" And she did just that, steaming dripping over the sides of the cup with a gently swirled foam on top. I don't believe I have ever felt quite so sophisticated drinking hot cocoa. It was lovely.

Wishing you chocolate and big dreams.

Yours truly,
Butterfly girl

No comments: