Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Glorious Day

So last night we didn't have a movie marathon, but we definitely had a Beach Boys and Beatles Songs marathon. The rest of the family detests both bands. Humming, singing and whistling Dad and I would go along untill the last note of a song where we would dramatically crichendo into a off-tune opera-esc ending. :) This was all of course while I'm on the computer and he's perousing maps and books for an upcoming hiking trip-ah the pleasures of divided attention.




And what a glorious morning!...slept in...nice long workout. The sky has never been bluer, the grass has never been greener. And guess what I saw during my cool-down walk?! A fox! It crossed the road 20 feet in front of me...a light reddish brown....quite small. I've never seen a wild fox that close up before. Isn't it funny how some animals seem to wait for something to be coming towards them, before they'll frantically cross. I've seen chipmunks wait until my bike is about even with them, to dash in the middle of the driveway and then once there...they can't decide which side they should run to.


Lunch:
My kind of cooking (aka: I don't-except pancakes)


Today is also a momentous occasion because I sold my first slushies ever....and Mom, Hannah and Kaytlin come home!



And the perfect closing to a fairly wonderful day...pancakes!

Yours truly,
Butterfly Girl

No comments: