Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

Hello loves!
Prepare yourselves for a glorious Valentines Day!

A group of grilfriends and I do an activity called Secret Admirer. We each choose a name from hat and then get something under $10 dollars for whoever it is...usually consisting of lots of chocolate and a sweet card. We all got together the night before Valentines Day and ate lots of chocolate and exchanged gifts. What a blessing to have such a wonderful group of girls to hang out with!
Oh! And I wrote a poem about the delight I found in my mail box that night:

I have two Red
Package-slips
To carry around
Like promises
Fingered over and over again
Reluctant to turn them in
The simplicity of return addresses
Or “Your sincerely……..”
I want
To write a love note
To a certain dashing acquaintance
To all the possibilities
But it’s not the same
If I don’t mean it
And too terrifying when I do
So I cling to these little promises
Too human
To forget
The ache
To be gathered
Broken
In another’s arms


Yours truly

No comments: