Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Christmas time in the country

Thankful for:

K with all her big plans-she now has her permit (what is the world coming to?!) Which means J and I have to scramble if ever want to drive anywhere.:)

The prospect of staying in a flat with A and L and tea parties and lots or romanticism and olden-day chick-flicks. :)

The prospect of getting a mentor at Houghton....I'm
making a list of older women that I respect as wise and after more
prayer and narrowing it down-I think I'll get up the nerve and ask if
one or two would be up for it....I'm totally new to it, but I'm
convinced it would be healthy to have that support there.

Christmas eve service with candles and old friends

Christmas morning, however grumpy I might be at the ungodly hour of 9am

Opening presents and throwing the wrappings at each other.

H and M's amazing knitting skills. Everyone got a knit hat from one of them-they were really quite beautiful-very French:)

The creativity my parents have when it comes to gift giving-J's gift had to be done with clues and charades-super fun.

And....our traditional sledding with neighbors

Christmas dinner with some friends from church.

That my parents are wise and patient and willing to have deep talks about -virtually anything-they're good listeners.

Friends concerned when we pretend we're not home and don't pick up the phone. :)

The upcoming trip to visit Dad's family.

New Years and (hopefully) realistic resolutions. (other than staying up deliciously late:)?

God bless!

No comments: