Sunday, March 18, 2012

A love poem from a pencil to an eraser

Dear eraser
I need you
To erase to erase to erase
My mistakes I have to face
You left the best there was in me
Scrawled out in little napkin notes
And neat lines
And then you ran out
Leaving little pieces of you everywhere
That I cannot erase erase erase
We fit together like number 1 and 2
I was your number one
And what you meant 2 me
To be number 12
Without you my apologies are dark scribbles
I can’t erase erase erase
You said
If loving me meant getting dirty then bring on the grime
Do you need me to spell it out for you
Together we make cosigns and portraits and love notes and call numbers and phone numbers and
Read between my lines
Without you they blur.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Just saw your blog for the first time. I love your poem! - Mom