Friday, March 26, 2010

I have discovered verse novels

from yours truly.

PARIS
Paris, you torture me so
The Ifle Tower
A humming bird
I cannot catch
To become it's colors

STOP
Stop, Italy
Stop twirling me
Thinking you can make me dance to the sound of Venice
Stop seducing me with the smell of coffee
And the thought of boats
Stop because
Should I ever fall into your heart
I will be ruined for life


CHAINS
Chains hiss around my eyelids
I need to keep dreaming and doing
If I rest on only dreams
I will wake up in chains
Unable to do
If I rise to only do
I will sleep in chains
Unable to dream.


EVERY NIGHT
My bed luxuriously swallows me
Laying me to rest
At the bottom of bruised muscles and melting will
Happy oblivion of human wrinkles
On a curb
Under the newspapers
I wake up to every morning

FINDING A HOLE IN A PAIR OF 6 MONTH OLD JEANS
Is like savoring a bar of expensive ten-square chocolate
I take one tiny bite each day
Only to realize that the other nine squares
Are made of baking cocoa

No comments: