Monday, January 9, 2012

Thankfulness

Hello loves!
I've decided to do a self-challenge where I focus more on what I'm thankful for via anecdotes. :)
1. I got mail! Real mail! Not only did I recieve several packages of school books but also a lovely letter from my friend Lydia. Letters are such a blessing. As my sister says, as long as I'm alive no post office is going out of business.
2. Speaking of letters...I had the pleasure of meeting a delightful 90 year old man today. He had spent many years in Africa serving in medical missions...and had heard of Mercy ships. He asked me to deliver a letter to a student who he met there. It was such a delight to chat with him. I am so inspired....(and I could tell by the envelope lettering that it was types with an old type-writer :)
3. I was honored to be invited to lunch with a potential Education faculty member. It was lovely. There are times when it is just so glorious to be able to relate to professionals. Not just professionals, but friendly open and VERY knowledgeable professionals...people with various acronyms behind their names. Glorious.
4. It's sunny AND (dare I commit the profanity) no snow!!!!!!
5. Not to mention my AMAZING family...
6. AND THE BIOGRAPHY OF COCO CHANEL!!!!
7. Those friends that invite you over for cups of coffee at the drop of a hat.

No comments: